Insight Community of Southern Maine
An unaffiliated, secular-leaning community devoted to the study & practice of core Buddhist teachings
836 Main Street ~ Westbrook, Maine 04092
Analayo. (2007). Satipatthana. Birmingham, England: Windhorse Publications.
Bhikku Bodhi. (1994). The Noble Eightfold Path. WA: Buddhist Publication Society, Parayatti Publishing.
Bhikkhu Namamoli & Bhikkhu Bodhi, trans.(1995). The Middle Length Discourses of the Buddha. Boston: Wisdom Publications.
Bhikkhu Sucitto. (2010). Turning the Wheel of Truth: Commentary on the Buddha's First Teaching. Boston: Shambhala Publications, Inc.
Bhikku Thanissaro. (2008). The Paradox of Becoming. Self-published.
Gunaratana, B.H. (2001). Eight Mindful Steps to Happiness. Boston: Wisdom Publications.
Gunaratana, B.H. (2002). Mindfulness in Plain English. Boston: Wisdom Publications.
Kornfield, J. (2008). The Wise Heart. NY: Bantam Books.
Loy, D.R. (2010). The World is Made of Stories. Boston: Wisdom Publications.
Moffitt, P. (2008). Dancing with Life. NY: Rodale, Inc.
Olendzki, A. and Ambrosia, G.T.(2008). Integrated Study and Practice Program Sourcebook. Barre Center for Buddhist Studies. (unpublished)
Olendzki, A. (2010). Unlimiting Mind. Boston: Wisdom Publications.
Smith, R. (2010). Stepping Out of Self-deception. Boston & London: Shambhala Publications.
www.dharmagiri.org (Dharmagiri Hermitage, South Africa-- Teachers: Thanissara & Kittisaro)
Saturday study materials: 2014
- Additional readings from Access to Insight which reference sutras (teachings) from the Pali Canon: Section III of the study guide on Kamma
- The Four Sublime States Contemplations on Love, Compassion, Sympathetic Joy and Equanimity: Nyanaponika Thera (Section IV is specifically about equanimity) from: Access to Insight
- The Five Hindrances: essays by Gil Fronsdal
- There are 7 essays included in the attachment and a "Practices", "Reflections" and "Quotes" section related to the Five Hindrances found on the Insight Meditation Center website:
November 2014- July 2015
- Unlimiting Mind: the Radically Experiential Psychology of Buddhism
by Andrew Olendzki. Wisdom Publication, 2010.
October 2015- Present
- Short selections from IN THE BUDDHA'S WORDS: An Anthology of Discourses
from the Pali Canon (Bhikku Bodhi)